Real Time Projects
A critical component of the Kohl Centre Dual Mission is the involvement of private businesses, non-
profit organizations, and alumni- from idea generation to project team facilitation to selection of Kohl
Centre graduates for internships, training programs, and career positions. If you or your connections
are interested in investing in the Kohl Centre Foundation through support of student experiential learning,
shared experiences with student and faculty Kohl Centre teams, or connecting with Virginia Tech graduates
with demonstrated project experience, we welcome the opportunity to visit with you!
Please contact Jillian Broadwell for more information.
Learn by Doing
The Virginia Tech Kohl Centre offers beyond-the-classroom learning opportunities to students who earn course credit by crafting solutions to challenges faced by clients in the agriculture industry.
Leading Through Service
• Gain hands-on experiences outside the classroom with faculty and industry support
• Establish professional networks of individuals, firms, communities and associations representing public and private sectors
• Develop strategic skills across a range of disciplines and backgrounds
• Build an impressive portfolio to feature in your job search
• Ut Prosim – Serve the community and the state by providing solutions to current industry concerns
Students interested in joining action-oriented, immersive professional development project opportunities please contact Dr. Kim Morgan.
Interested in helping students gain valuable hands-on experience while solving real problems? You can help by providing resources to facilitate our real world student and client solutions. Contact Vernon Meacham, Director of Development, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences to learn more.